Wednesday, August 22, 2012

JD's birthday adventure continues--part 2.

Part 2 of JD's Birthday Journey is a week late of course! We are an SMA family! Can't tell you how busy we have been since JD's birthday, but here it goes....

 So we headed back out again to dip our toes in the water on Tuesday following JD's birthday! What a great time we had!
JD absolutely Loved the Batman movie! and so did I. It was pretty darn good!

The whole adventure to Moody Gardens was a first for JD and we all had a Blast! I really don't know why we have never taken JD there before, but my best guess is because of the cost. The cost was absolutely outrageous. The money we spent for the weekend just about added up to as much as throwing the party for JD's birthday. But this time I didn't have to recruit people for clean up....lol. I know how much you guys love JD's parties and I know a bunch of you are disappointed in not partying with us this year. But don't worry, the year isn't up yet! Mag really wants to throw a Halloween party and as long as she does most of the work then we just might have one! Who would be up for a costume party??? I know JD would!

Back to JD's adventure...We had a smooth trip there and back and like I said earlier JD LOVED Batman: Dark Knight Rises. We did have the pulse/ox machine beep at us that the battery was dead, but I just plugged him in and used Moody Gardens electricity for the duration of the movie, sure hope they didn't mind. Another snag of course is always parking. When we drove into Moody I decided there must be a closer parking place than where we had parked on Saturday, so I drove right to the front. Low & behold a front row parking place. Except, there has always got to be an idiot in the bunch, don't you think?


We had enough space to unload JD from the car, but REALLY?? I just couldn't keep myself from not sharing with you guys.  ooohhh  ugh!    the little things that just piss you off!

All in all I think JD really had a wonderful birthday!

Now I need to take this time and thank everyone again for all the birthday well wishes JD received from all over the world, on the internet. I am forever grateful for you guys. Reading all of them to JD was a task that mama just couldn't handle at times, it was so overwhelming that I had to just step away and have a good cry. The encouragement, support and Love sent to my JD left me speechless (and that is usually hard to do)! I just can't thank you enough! Thank You! Many thanks also to everyone who sent JD birthday gifts. I again, am forever grateful! He received lots of money and all sorts of gifts and loves everyone of them! We love you guys and words can not express enough how much JD & I Thank YOU!!

 As some of you know we were collecting funds online for JD's birthday for him a new van! The grand total of what he collected online is $744.00 and with what he was handed, minus the money he wanted to spend on himself for things he wanted. He now has a grand total of  $1,404.00 saved for his new van.
Again, I am forever grateful for your generosity!

Sorry I don't have many pictures to share of our 2nd trip back to Moody Gardens, but Mag did manage to grab a few shots. Hope you Enjoyed JD's Birthday adventure as much as we did!
Rhonda













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate your awareness in our personal blog! We would like to ask you to please get involved anyway you can! CURE SMA!
Thanks again,
Team JD